Students of the digital marketing science course should make sure their computer meets the following requirements:
- An up-to-date version of Chrome is strongly recommended
- The latest versions of Firefox and Safari are also supported. Visit Browse Happy to download a supported browser. If you’d like to check your browser version, you can visit What’s My Browser?.
- While accessing the live class events via Blackboard Collaborate, a broadband connection is strongly recommended. A minimum 28.8 kbps speed is required.
- The NovoEd platform is very accommodating to low-bandwidth environments.
- NovoEd transcodes all videos in three resolutions, and the lowest resolution performs well in low-bandwidth environments. Videos are cached locally when viewing, so that students can open the video and wait for it to finish downloading before viewing. All non-video content is highly optimized and loads quickly even in low-bandwidth settings.
- We recommend Windows 7 or newer with latest updates installed or Mac OS X 8 or newer with latest updates installed
- BlackBoard Collaborate Mobile Web Conference is compatible with the following mobile devices. Use the Chrome browser when launching Blackboard Collaborate Mobile (Android) Web Conferencing.
Supported Android devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.1.1)
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 4.X)
- Nexus 7 Tablet (Android 4.X)
- Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Android 4.1.1)
- Nexus 10 Tablet (Android 4.2.1)
- LG Optimus Black (Android 2.3.4)
- Kindle Fire 8.9 (Customized Android 4.X)
- Supported iOS Devices:
- Apple iPad 2 and newer
- Apple iPod Touch (4th and 5th generation)
- Apple iPhone 4, 4s, and 5
NovoEd is fully compatible with mobile devices, including iOS-based devices including Apple iPhone and iPad in both Safari and Chrome mobile browsers. NovoEd is fully HTML5-compliant, and only require Adobe Flash on incompatible browsers. Currently, pages are optimized for XGA (1024x768) screens that are seven inches (7″) or larger.
Webcam and Microphone:
- A headset with microphone and headphones is strongly recommended. At a minimum, a sound card with microphone and headphones is required.
- A webcam is required.
The ability to watch YouTube videos is required.
Additional information on technology requirements for the primary platforms used in the digital marketing science course are available at: BlackBoard Collaborate Technology Requirements and NovoEd Technology Requirements.